Thursday, 17 March 2011

Famous People



If you read my comment to Doug's last post this post will make more sense, wanted to ask who are the most Famous you have seen in person? I want to find the family member who has seen the most famous person, of course the rest of the family can debate as to how famous they are. My most famous is a toss up between Julia Roberts, who I hate and Russel Crowe. I use to take Clients to a swimming pool in Sydney city at the same time as Russel Crowe and his son, and swim in the same pool. Also up there is 10x world champ Kelly Slater (or K-dogg as I call him) who I shared a wave in the surf a currumbin. Anyone match that?

16 comments:

  1. At DisneyLand, in 1990, Dolly Parton sat in the boat ahead of us on It's A Small World.

    Russell Crowe once parted a crowd to come and introduce himself to me. I was speechless. Shame. Wish I had said something cool.

    The singer of The Prodigy once asked me for a lighter, I said "But your the firestarter twisted firestarter" he didnt laugh.

    Courtney Love spoke to me once, she said " Do I look like a F#@*&% Retard in this?" She had her singlet tucked into her undies, heels and no pants on. I said No NO No! But I noticed she put pants on before she went on stage.

    I LOVE Julia Roberts!! I would like to meet her, and Prince, and Morrissey and Robert Smith and P!nk.

    Sharing a wave with Kelly Slater is pretty cool. That might be unbeatable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Michael Jackson...roughed it out in the mosh pitt and was pretty darn close...close enough to possibly be sweated on by the king pop...that's about as famous as i reckon you can get!

    I've also seen Janet Jackson...roughed it out in the mosh pitt...was very close to the stage...but ditched the pitt after she did a lap dance...not my cup of tea.

    Also seen boyz II men...at the Janet Concert...was pretty disappointed with how boring they were live.

    Savage Garden. I went to that boring concert with Lani...the blonde guy...the guitarist or whoever he is, threw his water bottle at me after when HE was packing up his gear after the concert. I ducked to miss it...lani (Lani coffey that is) then fought over said bottle with some equally mental chick...she ended up paying like $100 for his guitar pick...OK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I worked at a Children's Hospital in Utah the Dalai Lama came to visit the kids. I was going to the cafeteria right when he entered the building so I was able to stand right in the front of where a crowd had gathered. He walked right past me and waved and I honestly felt the best vibes from him and felt he was a very spiritual man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say, Lani's famous people sounds very impressive especially seeing they actually came up and spoke to her. As for famous people I've seen, most have been rugby players which isn't all that exciting, but I did see David Beckham play his first game for the LA Galaxy. (A security guy treatened to confiscate my camera)And at that same game I was about 10 feet away from Katie Holmes and Suri (Katie Holmes looked naturally pretty), and then Posh walked past me (she looked fake). I only got a vague shot of them cause the paparazzi got in the way, and then 3 months later, my camera was stolen when I visited Bolivia. Fun times...I did go to the U2 concert last year. That was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far I think Lani's famous people list is most impressive, especially since they came up and actually spoke to her! As for famous people that I've spotted, they've mostly been rugby players so that's not very exciting, but I did watch David Beckham's first game for the LA Galaxy (against Chelsea, which means I also saw Didier Drogba and John Terry), but at that game I saw Katie Holmes (who looked naturally pretty), and Posh Spice who looked fake. I got a vague shot of them with the camera but the paparazzi got in the way. And then 3 months later, that camera (with the same disc) was stolen when I visited Bolivia. Fun times...
    Speaking of Disneyland I saw Dustin Diamond, and he was fat. He is screetch(sp?) off Saved By the Bell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man I think Doug's Screetch takes the cake! No without a doubt Lani's bag of celebs takes it, Sarah's rugby guest at the wedding was very cool and having some of Mike sweat is just gross Chrissy. Dalai Lama is up there too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything Mj is awesome! if he had've given me his sweat towel...i would've kept it and NEVER washed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and that comment above was Chrissy by the way...Doug...did you know that Scretch guy is like an adult entertainment performer now??? and yes, he's FAT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissy, Just wondering how you know that Scretch is an adult entertainer???

    I have shaken hands with the man voted by Time magazine (I think), this years most influential man over 80 years old. That man was Thomas S Monson. So I win. Then again, lots of you have met him too. Thw Walmsley's spent and hour with him in his office and he gave them a signed copy of his latest book as a gift. So I guess they win. Yet, I have shared a bag of twisties and had lunch with President Hinckley and I have also sat on the knee of President Kimball and played a piano duet with him. They were both apostles at the time. So maybe I win after all.
    I have seen or met all the prophets since David O Mckay. Some may say they are not famous but they are the most important people who ever lived.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For worldy celebs I have met or seen a few.
    Royalty - Sat five rows in front of the queen, Duke,Prince Charles and Princess Anne at a concert at Western Springs. Saw Princess Diana pass by in a car going 60 k along K Road. My Kids and Colleen's kids were there too.
    Shook hands with Princess Alexander in downtown Auckland. Probably because so few people knew she was in town.

    The Shiek of Bahrain (richest man in the world at the time and I think still is) ate lunch off my china with my silver cutlery. Although I was pregnant at the time he asked me (Through his aide) to be a part of his harem. He also asked Aunty Margaret. We turned him down of course so the big fat toothless maori lady in the kitchen was the next to be asked. What does that tell you.
    Margaret and I put on a luncheon for Tina Turner where there were only 14 invited guests, but there were heaps of maoris with their noses pressed up to the windows.

    Donny Osmond asked me if I wanted to see a picture of his grandson which he had on his phone. We were outside the NZ temple at the time. I met Marie Osmond and Brother Alan at there home in Provo in 1975. Seen them all in concert several times.

    Oh yeah, I was the President of the John Rowles fan club when he was at his peak in his career.
    We put on a massive party for the fan club and he sang for 45 mins for us when his contract said he could only sing one song. Warren and Clive's band backed him and it got on radio.
    The following year his sister's friend put on the party and it wasn't as good. He only sang one song and left early. He told me that we had put on a much better party.

    Met lots of politicians - Hosted Jenny Shipley and Helen Clarke when they were Prime Ministers and made supper for them.

    Know all the McDonalds Young entertainers ( a couple of them really well)and have chatted with Jason Gunn, Tina Cross, Some of the older shortland street stars.

    Seen in concert - Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Paul McCartney and Wings, John Fogerty from Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cliff Richard and the Shadows, Doobies, Hollies, Neil Diamond, Celine Dion (in Vegas), Stevie Wonder (Karly has been hugged by him and sang at his concert), Il Divo, Kenny rogers, Pinter sisters, Topp Twins, Dave Dobbyn, Boney M (and Foamy Ed), Elemno-P, Brooke Fraser, Robin Gibb from the Bee Gees, Billy T James - (Tony met him when he did work at his house fixing his phone). Howard Morrison.

    Don't remember his name but he was pretty famous at the time. He played the boss of the 'Six Million Dollar Man'. It was at Western Springs and he wanted to meet the players of our Grid Iron team who had played that night against an American team. Tony and I had the authority to get him past security and on to the field to meet them.Otherwise he wasn't going to get through. Telly Sevalas (who?) gave me a lollipop at Universal Studios.

    Okay so these celebrities are probably 'has beens' but they were famous when I met them'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice list of Celebs, surprised you didn't put down some dinosaurs that you met too. Truely though, an impressive list of Prophets and Apostles. Aunty Lynette wins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah it was funny meeting Billy T James.
    He had a home in Bush Rd in the Waitakere Ranges so I wasn't expecting to see him when I knocked on a door to a house in Titirangi.
    When he answered the door he reminded me of Uncle Gordon or maybe one of my uncles. I knew I knew him from somewhere and said really enthusiastically "G'DAY!!!" and he smiled and said really enthusiastically, "G'DAY!!!" Then I suddenly realised who he was and said "I don't know you do I?" and he said "Thats okay, I have no idea who you are either. But come in anyway!"
    A really nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perhaps not as famous is one of my favourite New Zealand artists. A fella by the name of Graham Braddock.
    Whenever I was in downtown Auckland I used to visit the art gallery where his work was always on display and was always impressed with his landscape views of NZ country side but inparticular his use of capturing the way sunlight would settle on hillsides, trees, homesteads etc.
    So I was in downtown one day with Lynette and I saw a fella in the staging area painting a picture of a punga tree with the sumlight behind the ferns.
    I thought that looks like a braddock. The closer I got the more convinced I was. You see I had no idea what Graham Braddock looked like as I only knew his paintings. The guy turned around and noticed me watching him and he motioned to me to come closer. So I said "Are you Graham Braddock?" and to my surprise he said "yes"
    I told him the thing I liked about his paintings was his use of sun light.
    He said "that is what I call my trade mark"
    We had an interesting discussion about art and the price of art. I always thought that if I had the money I would commission him to paint a picture of the Temple at dawn.
    Not a very famous person I know but for me a real treat to him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I also met Geof and Martin Crowes mum. Geof and Martin are cousins to Russell. A more moaning old cow I wish I'd never met.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nitwit! I wrote basically the same comment twice, not thinking that the first comment went through. I am made to look the fool. Although that wouldn't be the first time... No, I didn't know Dustin Diamond was an adult entertainer, but it's not surprising really. I mean when a child actor can't find work maybe that's all they can turn to? Speaking of child actors I highly recommend the movie "Dickie Roberts." I think you'll like it. Maybe we should make a similar list: Famous people who have stayed at our house! We've billeted Ricky Stuart (League player), Beatrice Faumiuina, Waisake Sotutu.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mum you spaz...he was on Tyra talking about his Latest stupid projects...that's how i know.

    ReplyDelete