Thursday, 17 March 2011

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Quick question to you sports fans out there. With Christchurch losing all seven of its World Cup games (including 2 quarterfinals), don't you think they should have given Waikato stadium one of those quarterfinal games? I guess it doesn't matter for me cause I watch rugby in the warm comfort my living room with a fridge close by, not to mention the convenience of instant replays, commentaries (sometimes from the the commentators), and a lack of drunks around me shouting obscenities at the ref and opposition (and sometimes the home team!). Wait, I'm losing my point... Ah yes, don't you think the good people of Hamilton deserve a world cup quarterfinal? Or are we resigned to a solidary All Black game against a team we beat by 128 points the last time we met. Boo hoo NZRU. We deserve a quarterfinal!! Sometimes it's not always about money. What ya think?

2 comments:

  1. I agree Doug but it is all about money, and New Zealand needs it. The one game I saw in Hamilton with the All Blacks was a great event but ruined by the crowd, the drunken bums and swearing women just made the game hard to watch. I don't think that effected the decision to keep the games away from hams but who knows.
    On a slightly unrelated topic, back when I was in Hawaii the NBA came and played a pre-season match at UH that was fairly cheap compared to season games, the Lakers played Golden State, of course everyone came to see Kobe, but to real fans surprise, Kareem Abdul Jabar and Scottie Pippen came as guest, we got close to Pippen about a meter away. I think I shout out to Scottie "I love you Scottie".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hamiltons stadium is too small abt 28,000 or 30,000 with the extended seating. What surprises me is that AMI Stadium for all the millions they spent on it was only a 38,000. So maybe. But with Eden Park at 65,000 their is a financial windfall. Sorry the IRB is out to make money NOT FRIENDS

    ReplyDelete